Now that we have school back in full swing, there are many opportunities to volunteer. We appreciate any amount of time you have to offer, once a week, once a month or once an event. Every minute donated helps our school, students and builds our community. We would love to have as many parents/community members volunteer in our school.
Become a Forest Greeter, Classroom help, Recess help, lunch room help, field trips, stuff bags for read around the forest, health screening, picture day, evening events for example, multicultural night and many other upcoming events.
Do you want to know how to be a volunteer at Sherwood Forest? We will need a completed volunteer form and a copy of your drivers license. We will make a copy of your license and submit the volunteer form for approval. Please click on the link below to fill out a Volunteer Form. You can come directly to the Sherwood Forest Office and we can provide a form for you to complete. If you have any questions concerning volunteering, please contact our office directly at 253-945-3800 and we would be happy to assist you.
All persons wishing to volunteer at Federal Public Schools are required to complete a volunteer application and pass a background check prior to beginning any volunteer activity.
Download the volunteer application form:
- English volunteer application form
- Dari volunteer application form
- Korean volunteer application form
- Pashto volunteer application form
- Russian volunteer application form
- Somali volunteer application form
- Spanish volunteer application form
- Ukrainian volunteer application form
- Vietnamese volunteer application form
Note: If you are a current staff member or a student, contact your school or the Safety and Security Department for more information about volunteer requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old and not a current FWPS K-12 scholar
- All volunteers must complete a volunteer application prior to beginning any volunteer assignment. You can access the form by clicking the link above or you may also request a copy from your scholar's school.
- Approval to serve as a volunteer is granted by the District’s School Safety, Emergency, and Risk Management Department. Applicants should allow a minimum of three weeks after submitting their application to their school of interest to receive clearance to begin serving as a volunteer.
- Volunteers must remain under the supervision of a staff member at all times when interacting with FWPS scholars.
Department of School Safety, Emergency and Risk Management
Educational Services Center
33330 8th Ave. S.
Federal Way, WA 98003