Music and Resources
What We Are Learning
- K: Music opposites like fast/slow, loud/quite, high/low, beat/no beat. Finding a singing voice.
- 1st: Music opposites review and starting to work on rhythm and melody. Matching singing voice.
- 2nd: Reading and composing quarter notes, eighth note, and rest. Singing on pitch.
- 3rd: Reading and composing with half note. Singing and performing. Listening to and evaluating music.
- 4th: Reading and composing with sixteenth notes. Singing and performing. Listening to and evaluating music.
- 5th: Reading and composing with whole notes. Singing and performing. Listening to and evaluating music.
- All students will engage with music from a variety of countries and genres.
Honor Choir: Choir is an optional group for 4th and 5th grade that will begin in October and will have 2 performances. Please contact Mrs. Hayes if your student is interested in joining!
Performances: Every student will get the chance to participate in a live performance this year! Performance will be added as scheduled.
Music Performance Schedule